Your air conditioning system is a combination of car heating and the circulation of refrigerating agent.
Air Conditioning allows the creation of the desired climatic conditions, completely independent of the external conditions. Thus, your air conditioning system is an essential factor when it comes to safety and driving comfort and convenience.
In order to keep the enemies at bay, the air conditioning system is equipped with a filter-dryer which should be replaced every two years.
The filter-drier filters dirt particles out of the system and absorbs detrimental humidity. However, its storage capacity is limited. The prolonged use of old filters results in malfunction and may lead to the entire air conditioning system failing. Consequently this often means high repair costs.
Checking and servicing your air conditioning system on a regular basis prevents sudden failure and saves much inconvenience. Apart from that, you’ll save money. For example, the replacing of a mechanically damaged compressor as a result of the necessary cleaning of the system and the replacement of other components may easily cost £800.
Does your air conditioning system function properly?
Try answering the following questions:
- Does it take a long time before it’s pleasantly cool in your car?
- Sneezing, coughing, watering eyes? Is your air conditioning system crawling with “wildlife”?
- Do you need more petrol?
- Bad, musty smells in your car?
- Does your windscreen not get clear quickly enough?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you should have you air conditioning system checked.
Make use of the annual air conditioning check offered by Ladyroyd Garage:
- Visual inspection of all components
- Function and performance check
Air conditioning service every two years:
- Changing of the refrigerating agent
- Changing of the drier
- Leak test
Important – don’t forget! At every check/servicing:
- Changing of the car interior filter
- Disinfection of the evaporator